CHRISTIAN EDUCATION COMMITTEE
Purpose: to supervise and direct the educational program of the church, assess educational needs of the church membership, and design a program of Christian education which meets these needs.
- Select age-appropriate curriculum for the Christian education of Sunday school, vacation Bible school and confirmation. (Consider cooperating with Mayflower Congregational Church on Bible school.)
- Assist in training Sunday school teachers.
- Assist in planning, promoting, and implementing any educational activity within the church.
- Seek opportunities to network with churches of all denominations re activities involving Christian education of children and youth.
- Work with the personnel committee in the selection of nursery supervisors and facilities and ongoing program guidance.
- Report committee activities to the Church Administrator.
- In consultation with ministry teams, prepare an annual Christian education budget to be submitted to the Treasurer.
- Prepare an annual report of committee activities for the annual meeting.
- Provide oversight of non-elected ministry teams.
- Adopt a plan to ensure a smooth and prompt transition to a new year of committee work
If interested in becoming a member of this committee, please email Michele Schwerin at email@example.com.