CHURCH MISSIONS COMMITTEE
Purpose: to help our church engage in mission projects throughout the local community and beyond, from needs of our own congregants to those of our community and the world
- Provide opportunities for the donation of time, talents, and funds to agencies in our community which help the needy.
- Provide opportunities for social justice awareness and action in our community and beyond.
- Seek occasions to work with churches of all denominations in projects of mutual concern.
- Keep the congregation informed of the work of our denomination’s state, regional, and national mission boards.
- Prepare annual mission budget to be submitted to the Treasurer.
- Report committee activities to the Church Administrator.
- Administer endowment income designated to missions.
- Prepare an annual report of committee activities for the annual meeting.
- Adopt a plan to ensure a smooth and prompt transition to a new year of committee work.
- Provide oversight for non-elected ministry teams.
- Coordinate and implement the annual financial stewardship drive.
- In concert with the minister, develop regular events for discernment of members’ use of spiritual gifts for the betterment of the congregation and the community.
If interested in becoming a member of this committee, please email Donna Popp at email@example.com.