Purpose: to assist the minister in the hiring, evaluation and termination of paid staff.
- Upon approval of the Council, create, maintain and review personnel policies.
- Assist the minister in an annual evaluation of individual staff members. Solicit input from committees and individuals having direct relations with the staff person in question.
- In conjunction with Council, set up an annual review of the minister(s).
- Prepare an annual personnel budget to be submitted to the Treasurer.
- Report written minutes of committee activities to the Church Administrator.
- Prepare an annual report of committee activities for the annual meeting.
- Maintain a file of updated documents which include:
- Job descriptions for paid staff
- Assessment tools for evaluation of staff
- Employment policy handbook
- Adopt a plan to ensure a smooth and prompt transition to a new year of committee work.